In the Web Hosting industry, like any other industry, online reviews are very important when customers and prospects want to make their purchase decisions. These are an important building-block of the company’s online reputation.
Online reputation is considered as as one of the provider’s critical assets. A strong online reputation is a key to success.
93% of people say online reviews impact their buying decisions and 90% actually take the time to read online reviews before visiting a business.
Some of the reviews may be fake, dishonest, unreliable or incentivized. Online reviews published by many websites and blogs have to be taken with a grain of salt.
In this article, we will share some of the important facts and stats about online reviews and reputation.
* 90% and More
- 93% of people say online reviews impact their buying decisions.(Source)
- 90% of people only look at the first page of search engine results to form their impression. (Source)
- 90% actually take the time to read online reviews before visiting a business. (Source)
* Between 70% and 89%
- 85% of consumers say they trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations. (Source)
- Companies risk losing 70% of business when potential customers find 4 negative articles on the first page of their search results.. (Source)
* Between 50% and 69%
- 64% of people trust online search engines the most when they’re conducting research on a business. (Source)
- 50% of consumers will question a business’s quality after reading negative online reviews. (Source)
* Less than 50%
- 49% of consumers need at least a 4 star rating before they choose to use a business.
- 26% of consumers will search for more online reviews after reading a positive online review* for a business. (Source)
- Companies risk losing 22% of business when potential customers find 1 negative article on the first page of their search results. Source
- Less than 10% of people advance to the second page of the search engine results. (Source)
- Only 3% of consumers do not read reviews when making a purchase decision. (Source)
* Other Numbers
- Consumers read an average of 7 reviews before trusting a business. (Source)
Warning About The Quality of Reviews
Some of the reviews may be fake, dishonest, unreliable or incentivized. Online reviews published by many websites and blogs have to be taken with a grain of salt. They call them Expert Reviews or Customer Reviews and Rating. Some of the reviews may be fake (It is very hard to recognize the genuine reviews, unless you wrote them!), anonymous, paid or do not represent the whole reality. Unfortunately, people still trust online reviews.
Tips to Help You Spot Fake Reviews
These are some resources to help you learn the techniques and tips to spot fake reviews:
Some of The Review Platforms
These are some of the known platforms where Web Hosting providers’ reviviews are published:
- Specialized blogs
Strategies to Promote Positive Customer Reviews
Keep im mind that your company’s best ambassadors are your existing customers.
Check this resource which describes 11 Strategies to Promote Positive Customer Reviews for Your Brand or Business.
Some of The Providers Who Encourage Their Customers to Share Their Reviews
If your Web Hosting provider has a similar initiative, please ask them to communicate with us via this form to get them listed here.
- Top 30 Online Review Statistics for 2018
- 20 Online Reputation Statistics That Every Business Owner Needs To Know
- 50 Important Stats You Need to Know About Online Reviews [Infographic]
- 35 amazing online reputation facts and stats everyone should know
- Online Reviews Matter – And Here Are 18 Stats to Prove It- INFOGRAPHIC
WebHostingSaver.com (Formerly WH.PerfectDeals.Today) is a FREE Meta-Search and Comparison Engine built by CITWeb.ca. Comparing Thousands of Web Hosting offers usually takes hours or even days. With this new Easy-to-use solution Web Hosting Meta-Search and Comparison Engine, the same task can be performed instantly. It helps professionals and businesses save time & money, get better for less. Offers comparison is based on aggregated reviews (200.000+ reviews), technical specs, location, pricing and more! WebHostingSaver.com is the ONE-STOP solution that helps IT professionals and businesses find the perfect & cheapest Web Hosting Offers that fit their needs within their budget. Your can read more here WebHostingSaver.com